Colorado State University (Fort Collins): Research Associate III, Institute for Research in the Social Sciences
Posting Date 04/26/2022
Application Deadline 5/20/2022
Research Associate III
Salary Range – $55,000-70,000
Position located In Fort Collins, Colorado.
The Institute for Research in the Social Sciences (IRISS) is a core facility supported by the Vice President for Research and College of Liberal Arts at Colorado State University which aims to connect and support social scientists with other researchers, as well as university, community, and industry partners. We develop and deliver services that enhance social science research capacity, help to improve grant competitiveness campus-wide, promote interdisciplinary research networking opportunities and provide and support research methods training in support of the University’s land grant mission.
The Research Associate III will work with project coordinator(s), Associate Directors, Directors and senior analysts to conduct social science research. This may include (1) Developing and administering surveys, (2) Facilitating or assisting with focus groups, (3) Conducting interviews, (4) Analyzing quantitative and/or qualitative data, and (5) Developing reports and/or presentations to deliver results to clients. Reporting to the Associate Director of Research, this role will be responsible for project management, coordination, and directing data collection for projects. In addition, the RA 3 will work with project coordinators, etc., to support completion of projects in a timely manner.
Critical to this position is managing programmatic aspects of grants and projects in accordance with the procedures, guidelines, and expectations required.
This position will play a formative role in IRISS’s development, in the execution of current research projects, and in the project management and coordination with government partnerships and engaging with key personnel as necessary.
The successful candidate will build strong and positive working relationships with staff, unit directors, researchers, campus faculty and administrators, as well as external community and business partners as required with each project and grant. Occasional travel and working non-standard hours are expected. The Research Associate III will support other organizational priorities, as defined by the Associate Director of Research and the Director of IRISS.
Diversity and Inclusion Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance IRISS’s commitment to diversity and inclusion and to uphold the university’s Principles of Community.
Required Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree in social sciences, or science field from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 2 years of social science research experience and/or project management in a professional business or academic institution;
- Must be self-motivated and possess ability to work in diverse settings with autonomy and decision-making authority.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social science research methods and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and strong background facilitating dialogue and collaboration and partnerships.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of university policies, administration, and operations required.
- Knowledge of regulatory and fiscal policies and procedures related to research required.
- Knowledge of human subjects research regulatory practices.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, editing, and writing skills.
- Experience supervising and managing student staff
- Experience leading project teams
The Research Associate III position is a professional position that performs essential duties as follows:
Job Duty Category Project Management (70%):
- Manage awarded grant and project activities and associated contract deliverables.
- Develop research and program evaluation plans.
- Develop and manage the writing and production of reports.
- Works with the Director and Associate Directors to develop and execute a strategic research program. This will include developing and implementing appropriate metrics and research, working on research and grant collaboration.
- Conducts a variety of tasks to keep projects on time and on budget. Oversees and creates fee-for-services scopes and budgets.
- Maintains regular communications with clients, project team members, and supervisors.
Job Duty Category Administration and Supervision (30%):
- Follows policies and procedures related to research quality and data management.
- Maintains files, records, and archives of all project materials
- Tracks time, project tasks, and budgets.
- Develop research training sessions for student research assistants
- Supervises and mentors graduate and undergraduate research assistants.
- Participates in weekly project coordination meetings.
To apply for this position, reference this Research Associate III position in your cover letter, and submit your qualifications on the Colorado State University Jobs site for the IRISS Research Associates Open Pool: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/90280