ABOUT CHRISTIE’S PLACE:
Christie’s Place is a community-based nonprofit organization that supports and empowers women, families, children and individuals throughout San Diego county who are affected by HIV. Since 1996, we have transformed lives by providing education, social services, clinical mental health services, basic needs assistance and wellness support in a safe, supportive and welcoming multi-cultural environment.
Christie’s serves the community by:
- Providing supportive services that assist women and families with children maintain or improve their personal health status and quality of life.
- Educating and encouraging women to take an active role in their own care, treatment, and service plans.
- Developing strategies to address real and perceived barriers to the system of care, and advocating for their implementation.
- Empowering and supporting HIV+ women to shape and advocate for policies and services that directly affect their lives.
We operate with an annual budget of approximately $1.3M, a staff of 15+, and an engaged 11-member Board of Directors. Find out more about us at http://www.christiesplace.org
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB:
A leader with a passion for HIV prevention and support, the Executive Director will build on the legacy of Christie’s Place by working with its clients, staff, board, and key external stakeholders on reimagining the organization to ensure that high-quality culturally-competent client-centric services are provided, including in new and innovative ways. This work will be accomplished by fostering collaborative efforts among public health professionals, activists, and agency leaders; inspiring and partnering with staff to serve clients with excellence, caring and sensitivity; championing and advocating for both the work of Christie’s Place and for public policies that will positively impact its constituents; and by ensuring that Christie’s Place has the resources it needs to fulfill its mission.
Among this executive’s many duties, the Executive Director is responsible for:
Strategic and Collaborative Leadership
- Fostering and nurturing strategic partnerships with public health professionals, community leaders, public health officials, and activists (both within and beyond Christie’s client base) to develop and advocate for public policies and resources for HIV prevention and education
- Teaming with the Board on developing strategic and operating plans that are based on the Executive Director’s analysis of the current operating structure and climate, stakeholder feedback, creativity, financial analysis, and risk assessment
- Engaging clients in culturally appropriate formal and informal ways that demonstrate empathy, encourage empowerment, and elicit feedback on current and potential agency services
- Overseeing, supporting, and collaborating with the staff to advance the mission and goals of Christie’s Place.
Fundraising, Community Outreach and Public Relations
- Securing continued contracts from government agencies (Ryan White funding)
- Championing the work of Christie’s Place to private funders at individual meetings and special events
- Pursuing new avenues of grant funding in collaboration with the Board and/or partner organizations
- Raising the visibility of Christie’s Place and its brand to current and future stakeholders throughout the San Diego region by being an active member of the public health and HIV community
- Promoting Christie’s Place, its mission and message, at public events, conferences, public speaking engagements, social media, and print media
- Ensuring the website and collateral materials accurately represent the work and organization.
- Overseeing all financial, human resource, and operational activities
- Ensuring compliance with all public health regulations, contracts, and laws governing nonprofit corporations
- Building a cohesive team of staff and board that engage the ideas of diverse people with varied skill-sets and backgrounds at all levels
- Operating with transparency and accountability at the board and staff level
- Working closely with the Board of Directors to ensure fiduciary and compliance responsibilities are fulfilled in a transparent and responsible manner
Other duties as required
- Experience in high-level management, ideally within a community-based nonprofit organization providing social services
- Excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with public speak and media relations
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable change-management
- Prior experience supervising, coaching and mentoring a team
- Experience raising funds from government agencies, corporations and foundations
- A commitment to lead by example, passion for creating change, and dedication to the mission
The ideal candidate has experience in field of public health/HIV.
Salary range: $105,000 – $120,000. Generous benefits.
Posting Expiration Date: APRIL 8, 2019
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter via email by to: Search@patlibby.com
Christie’s Place is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in its work and staff.